« Home | Predicament » | BFF » | On the right key » | Time Slows Down » | Cheese Cheese Baby » | Get Together » | Pulling My Hair Out » | More to Come » | Bad Luck » | It's Official »

In Memory

As I walked out onto the driveway earlier, chewing on my dried meat sandwich, I looked to the lawn and a particular bit of memory came back to me.

A number of years ago, my family members mostly refrained from in the driveway. This is because I used to have pets, specifically, two dogs. Since the driveway is within sight from the yard, I would feel really bad eating while the dogs look at me longingly.


They would first jump around excitedly at the sight of edibles, then hold out their salivating tongues and lastly give me their saddest puppy eyes to complete the whole guilt trip. Hence, I've long decided that I should not entice them with food whenever possible. Afterall, everybody loses in the end. They get horribly disappointed and I feel bad as hell.

Picture for illustration only

My experience with my dogs had made me come to one conclusion. I will not have a pet, ever. Personally, I know I am not the type of person who will be able to really take care of pets. The last thing I want is to abuse or neglect the animals. Rather than be a bad owner, I'd rather not be one. Those animals deserve better than me.

Similarly, I feel the same about children. *Trust loopy to reminisce about his pets and end up discussing his views on having children* I really don't think I'm up for responsibilities like that. Me being far too ambitious and self-centred to settle down and make infinite sacrifices. Which is why I think I'm destined to live a life of loneliness and become the hermit down the street. Honestly, rich, successful and lonely sound alright. It's only broke, hopeless and lonely that truly scares me.

This post is dedicated to my two endearing dogs which I miss very much. Winnie and Jackie, I'm sorry I didn't do my best for the both of you. Please know that you both are irreplaceable and I hope you guys are in a better place.

and wat happened to your 2 dogs in the end? you chased them out? or they ran away? lol!

aiyor, obviously they passed on. do i really need to spell everything out??

Post a Comment