« Home | Cheese Cheese Baby » | Get Together » | Pulling My Hair Out » | More to Come » | Bad Luck » | It's Official » | At the Crack of Dawn » | Pic Update » | Fragmented Thoughts » | I can't live alone »

Time Slows Down

For the first time in a long time, I felt time passed really slowly today. I believe that, ladies and gentlemen, is the result of being overproductive for the past two weeks due to me having a real job - 9 to 5, commuting, office gossip, you know, the works.

I got back home in Ipoh bout 12 noon. And I was already quite bored and aimless bout 2pm. Even after hanging on the phone till the well ran dry, it was only barely 30 minutes. However, I do expect things to take a sharp turn in the next few days when I settle into my typical procrastinating schedule. The fact that I will wake up at noon itself is a big step towards expending my day.

My sense of time isn't the only thing affected by the job. It has also made an impact physically. My feet occasionally aches for the amount of walking/standing I do everyday to get to work. I absolutely loathe my pair of adidas which I wear always because it's admittedly, a size too small. Don't fool yourself into thinking that shoes will expand tremendously to fit your feet even if you absolutely love them. Chances are, the love affair won't survive the first argument blister.

Also working in a foreign environment does a lot for the waistline. First day on the job, everyone went off to have lunch leaving me by myself. Never the person to dine alone, I lasted the entire day on a piece of bread no bigger than my knuckle. Bullimics worldwide must be very proud of me. But I never had to endure another lunch hour alone though. I schemed myself into other ppl's lunch group using my thick skin wits and charm.

Last and most importantly, though my job was not of any particular importance, there was also quite a bit of stress and frustration involved. This inevitably leads to breakouts!!! So sad... They came so suddenly that I couldn't even bid farewell to my flawlessly smooth complexion which I had previously. So now I have to endure having small little bumps on unstrategic - or strategic, if you hate me - spots like the corner of my mouth which makes its presence known everytime I open my mouth. Guess I have to stop showing that shoving-my-knuckle-down-my-throat trick for now.

I'll do a demonstration once I rehabilitate my skin. You guys just wait.