« Home | Time Slows Down » | Cheese Cheese Baby » | Get Together » | Pulling My Hair Out » | More to Come » | Bad Luck » | It's Official » | At the Crack of Dawn » | Pic Update » | Fragmented Thoughts »

On the right key

Although I've been blogging for sometime, I realised I haven't once written about something very characteristically of me, so here goes.

I love to sing.

Yes, I do. But no, I'm not gonna join Malaysian Idol or any other singing competition anytime soon. Though I may have no problem humming or singing to the radio or belting out the chorus - or two - of a song stuck in my head in front of my friends, I am in no means a great singer. Let's face it, I'm very very thankful to have friends who humour me, lol.

Over the years, I have come to view singing as a means to come to terms with myself and vocalise (pun intended) all my emotions. There's nothing more drama than singing I never had a dream come true during the worst moments down in the ditch, or show me the meaning of being lonely after being dumped (only theoretically, everyone knows I don't get dumped).

In good times and bad, I can always count on a song or two to make me feel better. Of course I do all these privately, usually when nobody is around. Which is why I value my privacy, it gives me a chance to do all the things I can't usually do when other people is around - and singing is not the only thing, lol.

Even at times when I feel sad or nervous in public, all it takes is a song to calm myself down and avoid a horrendous public fiasco. Basically, singing is really a cure all for me. It's a way for me to vent. It's a mood uplifter. It's just something I like to do regardless what anyone else things. Bleh!

Of course we all know how much you enjoy my singing, rite? ;)

everyone sings when no one is around...haha =)

angelus - modesty is a virtue. a compliment isn't quite the license to brag for an eternity, hehe.

lucas chong - some ppl don't even open their mouth, much less sing when they're alone. ppl like that exist.

Post a Comment