« Home | In Memory » | Predicament » | BFF » | On the right key » | Time Slows Down » | Cheese Cheese Baby » | Get Together » | Pulling My Hair Out » | More to Come » | Bad Luck »

Cacophony of Vocals

I've been sitting in front of the comp for 5 minutes - blank screen - trying to think of something to blog about. And as I was scratching my head for inspiration, I finally felt very stupid because I actually did something worth blogging about today.

As a self-confessed singer, I have only been to the karaoke twice. The first being almost a year ago and the second, was today. Although I'd like to point out that's not the reason why strepsils is currently the staple of my diet though I wouldn't rule out the fact that it might have been detrimental to my sore throat.

So today I came back from KL and my fren picked me up cuz mum went out of town for the day. We later went to this karaoke joint, joined by 3 other ppl. Out of the 4 ppl who were also present, I personally only knew 2 of them but I was feeling surprisingly open today because I usually don't open up easily to ppl and the fact that I'm going to sing in front of them isn't supposed to be much help.

This outing was actually planned on Tue when I met up with these two of my frens and I had actually tempted to cancel yesterday as I my throat my slightly sore but decided to go ahead anyway because afterall, it's not everyday that I get to embarrass myself in front of other ppl.

Among others, I inflicted them with a horrible rendition of Truly, Madly, Deeply, awed them with a sexily husky opening to Trademark's Only Love, did a very decent run of Eternity and tried to be smooth with Walking Away. They were mainly very polite - I was expecting to be hammered with the microphone - and chipped in with the singing whenever I was doing less than decent, haha.

I was horribly disappointed though because I couldn't find Bad Day on the playlist. I've been trying to get ppl everyone to listen to me sing it ever since I got the acoustic version, which I reckon is excellent! Now, wait till I cut my own acoustic very of the song, tee hee.