« Home | Get Out of My Face » | Pedagogue Case Study 1 » | Bed Head » | Kill Bill Vol 3 » | Wat Is The World Coming To » | I Drove All Night » | Pillow Talk » | If I were rich/beautiful/famous... » | 29 and Counting » | I want but can't »

Malaysia's Most Beautiful Ep1

I'm talking about the new reality show on 8tv. Not sure if anyone watched it but I sure did (from behind my textbook) even though I had an exam the very next day.

Actually I was drawn to the show because of all the hype. Wanted to find out what it really was about. Sadly, not much.

First and foremost, the show claims to strife for inner and outer beauty but do truly 'beautiful' people want to appear on national television to fight for the title of Malaysia's Most Beautiful? The fact that you're on tv trying to win a prize goes to show how beautiful (not!) you really are. God, if only I knew the winner would get an apartment worth RM230k, jewellery worth RM150k and RM10k cash, I would have put on a dress and ran (in 4inch high stilettos) to the audition.

Secondly, although the standards of measuring physical beauty in women how long been established, it is however quite subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and three judges does not make a majority.

Thirdly and most importantly, how in the world do you judge inner beauty?! A caring mother, a courageous firewoman, a compassionate mother, a selfless volunteer... these are qualities deem beautiful for a person, yet who is to say one is better than the other? Neither you or me can say for sure because above all, beauty cannot be measured quantitatively.

Though I did find the snide comments by the photographer funny and entertaining. I think the only element that will sustain this show is the constant bitchfest in the coming episodes. So there goes Malaysia's Most Beautiful - she marches up to her (rival), she slaps, she scores!

BTW, some of the contestants are on Friendster. Here's Jesse, who admittedly, isn't too hard on the eye. Pity her English leaves much to be desired.

Malaysia's Most Beautiful will turn out to be like Malaysian Idol... (probably worse)

Reality shows are definitely a no no in determining the best... especially the MOST BEAUTIFUL in MALAYSIA...

Like you said, man... there's bound to be others who can contend to be the MOST BEAUTIFUL(whatever you define it to be) but of course they are the ones who won't be taking part in the show...

haha, totally agree with it. No matter how beautiful they are, those fella are attracted to participate because of the prizes. Same goes for beauty pageant. I still have no idea why they have to walk around in bikini.

Wow loopy, resorting to hunting on friendster now..

Regardless of what your respective definitions of beauty is, I don't see what's wrong with a little eye-wash every once in a while. Of course it'll only sustain you just that much, but you've gotta start somewhere in attracting someone's attention.

Will be able to check out next week how close the girls match up to my fantasies. Cos I'm comin home tomorrow!! Surprise parties are welcome homies!!

Hey! Erm.. just wanted to say hey actually

and a Hey! back to you!

Post a Comment