« Home | The 4th of June » | Memorial Day Weekend » | Zoom Zoom (No, not the Mazda) » | The Landing Strip 2 » | Weekend Marathon » | Zoolander » | Party Winds Down » | The Landing Strip 1 » | 10 Hrs To Go » | Snip Snip Snip »

A June 4th Night's Dream

I know I promised to write about my trip to Chicago but that will have to wait because this can't.

It's now close to 1am, June 5th. A few hours ago, I went to dinner to an Italian restaurant with sis to celebrate my birthday. I specifically requested somewhere not so fancy because I wanted to be comfortable and that's how we ended up at Brio. I thought it was just going to be casual dinner, thought being the operative word here.

For my entree, I got a veal which was very tender but not as flavourful as I expected. It was enjoyable nonetheless.

Having finished my main course, I wanted to make a quick run to the restroom before the dessert rolled out only to have my sis jump up and stop me!

Before I knew it, this came out.



I was completely taken by surprise! Naturally, I was grinning from ear to ear, lol.



Nothing left to do but make a wish or two. I suppose concentrating hard helps, lol.



If you haven't figured it out already, this is how I look like trying to blow out the candles, hehe.



Four desserts and two martinis (the orange crush is mine) it was a very sweet celebration. For those we are interested, the desserts are creme brulee, apple crisp and strawberry bread pudding.

Feeling completely stuffed, happy and somewhat guilty for being pampered, we went home ready to chill and call it a night. Apparently, I was the only one with that thought.

Just as I sitting there watching the tv, my sis tapped me on my shoulder and gave me this.



It was at this point where I felt completely overwhelmed and lost my ability of speech. I kept opening and closing my mouth - kinda like a goldfish - but no words came out. After the amazing weekend in Chicago, I totally didn't expect anything, much less a present.

I put my hand in and out came this.



A messenger bag which I've been looking for in anticipation of my internship in July. I've actually seen this weeks ago and expressed my interest but decided to put it on my KIV list while I shopped around. And here it is.

Except that, inside the bag, there was this.




I saw this on sale weeks ago and gushed bout it for a little while (ok, maybe for some time) before finally deciding that I didn't really need any more distractions.

To complete the package,



a cute and "profound" card to boot.

Finally, an overview of the entire ecstasy inducing scene.



Nirvana!~

Especially liked your constipated look :)

Glad to see you had a nice celebration, what with the surprises and all. Once again, happy b'day! (looks like you did indeed have a happy one)

Thanks a lot!

Yup, indeed I did.

And I'm gonna hold on to this feeling for as long as I can.

Post a Comment