« Home | Zoolander » | Party Winds Down » | The Landing Strip 1 » | 10 Hrs To Go » | Snip Snip Snip » | Are you on Miracle? » | Seeking Tailor » | E-RO-S (Update) » | E-RO-S » | My Final Post (explanation) »

Weekend Marathon

I had a long and adventurous weekend.

On Friday morning, I went to pick up the tickets for Saturday night. That in itself, is an interesting story for next time.

After that, my sis dropped my mom and me at the Museum Center where once again, I did not bring the camera because I forgot to charge it the night before. Basically, the Museum Center at Union Terminal houses 3 museums, the Museum of Natural History, Cincinnati History Museum and the Children's Museum in addition to the Omnimax Theater. The Museum Center itself used to be a train station and one could still board trains from there. The architecture is very much similar to the famed Grand Central Terminal in New York.

Since there wasn't anything interesting showing at the Omnimax, we only visited the Natural History museum. It was a very very long walk and I had to sit down a number of times. Then, we hit up the souvenir shop and got 2 quirky fridge magnets with the word Cincinnati on them.

Then, we took a 35 minutes walk home on a rather chilly day. It was great to see downtown again although it's not as interesting as the larger cities.

At night, we went for a ballet. Three different dances was performed that night, from Twyla Tarp to a more contemporary Finnish choreographer's work and finally ending with a jazzy dance easily appreciated by the masses.

Then on Saturday afternoon, my sis's fren had a farewell party at the park and we brought some food over. Some of her frens were really nice but I mostly kept myself occupied by playing games.

At night, my sis conned us to an Italian opera accompanied by a choral group and the orchestra which she described to us initially as "just a symphony". It was a different experience to say the least, having been to a symphony before this. Thank god I read up on the plot before the show began and also they had supertitles (subtitles hung high up near the ceiling) in English for those unfortunate enough not to comprehend Italian.

After the show, we joined her frens again for clubbing and boy, it was crazy. All it takes is 2 drinks to blow the inhibitions away. I had an amazing time, and I don't have any regrets even though the next morning wasn't very fun. Her fren's were very nice, but I suppose alcohol makes everyone friendly-ier, lol.

Sun was just spent chilling and recuperating. Was supposed to go to a jazz recital at night but just wasn't up to it anymore. Looking back, if anyone asks about my trip, there is no way I can say anything but that I've really enjoyed myself.