« Home | The Landing Strip 1 » | 10 Hrs To Go » | Snip Snip Snip » | Are you on Miracle? » | Seeking Tailor » | E-RO-S (Update) » | E-RO-S » | My Final Post (explanation) » | My Final Post (if its blog apocalypse tomorrow) » | Spread Out »

Party Winds Down

It's been a pretty hectic two days. Yesterday we went on a day trip to Hocking Hills, bout 2 hrs drive from here. It's a huge state park (forest reserve) and we went to a few spots where there were amazing water falls and caves.

Now is the part where I post pictures and gush about how beautiful it was. Except that, well I forgot to bring the camera..... *replay of sis screaming at me*

So there I've said it. We can all move on now.

Then today, we went to this famous pancake place which was rather fun. Was stuffed like a teddy bear. Think I won't crave for it in a long long time.

Then we dropped by the mall for a short while. Among the only interesting there (other than all the upscale stores I recognized) was the Apple Store which was very cool. Not as cool as the glass house in New York but it's nice seeing a real Apple store for the first time.

The trying part came later that evening. My sis hosted a party for her closest friends and I had to interact with them. Boy, did I work it. It was hard at the beginning. I was nervous as hell and I didn't know any of them. I spent the first 15 minutes of it asking what drinks I should get them in order to avoid any conversation. However, things did get easier once the party was in full swing. For all its worth, her friends were amazingly nice and they tried their best to talk to me and my mom. So all my awkward self had to do was at least try to meet them halfway, and I did.

Right now, I feel that everyday is a battle/challenge. Every single day, there's something that requires me to get out of my comfort zone. And damn, I am nervous about it. The hard part is that it's not something that can be eased into. The learning curve is just really steep. One part of me wants to avoid it all but I know it needs to be done. I wish I didn't have to dread the moments leading to it. At times, I wish I could just have a few drinks and get on with it. I won't be the first person to fight anxiety with alcohol.

You sound as if you're a young executive trying to meet up new people and build up a network. If I was to meet up some people of my bro or something, I'll just whip up the usual pleasantries and mock interest.

I really think you're a naturally charming person - looks wise first, and your personality isn't shabby. I don't think there's much to learn that you don't already know. Maybe all you need is just a lil more confidence and try to relax a little. And you're not the only one who doesn't like alcohol.

Anyhow, your romp around US makes me wish I could be there too. Sigh, well, losers can't be dreamers. Continue having fun!

Post a Comment