« Home | Annual Ritual » | Busy Times Ahead » | World No. 1 Procrastinator » | Brand New Year » | New Year » | And he returns to the land of eternal sadness » | Lucid Dreams » | Snapshot » | Haircut » | Do you know »

Shopping Surprise

I was just at the mall. Wondered aimlessly for almost 2 hours for reasons I shall not disclose. However, let it be known that I was extremely pissed. Walking around continuously for 2 hours straight isn't the best feeling in the world. At the end of it, I could hardly feel my legs anymore.

As I was walking, suddenly this little girl brushed against me. I turned to look at her and immediately she burst into tears and started wailing at the top of her lungs.

Stunned, the first thought that came to my mind was -

"Not another illegitimate child!"

Thankfully her mom turned up not too long after that and that possibility was ruled out.

Next, I went into U2 to feast my eyes on the latest collection. Actually I went in because there was a big sign annoucing a "SALE, up to 50%".

So there I was, happily scrutinising the green polo and looking for any indication if it was on sale when suddenly this woman spoke to me. Thinking it was an overly helpful salesperson, I turned only to be asked a completely unexpected question.

"Can I have a size L?"

I really didn't know whether to laugh or be indignant. In the end, my sense of humour prevailed and I broke into a big grin, "I don't work here."

Boy, she ran so fast across the aisle that I wouldn't be surprised if she left skid marks, lol.

First, mistaken for a young father. Then a sales assistant. What next? Celebrity??

You were NOT mistaken as a young father, just your active imagination. And, not something that I'm proud to admit, I've been mistaken for sales assistant or waiter many times too. About being mistaken as a celebrity, dream on.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Better luck next time when you're actually more famous and richer.

lol, it's posts like these that i'm glad nobody reads my blog.

Post a Comment