« Home | I Hate Sunrise » | You Know You're Pathetic When » | Delayed Reaction » | Bull's Eye » | Management 101 » | Tired, sleepy and hanging on for dear life » | The Loopy Identity » | Of Aces and Diamonds » | Torture of a Thousant Needles » | You have friendly and then you have friendly. »

Shuttle C

I don't know if you guys have been reading the sports section, but even if you haven't there's no way of escaping the current media tribute given to our rising badminton players.

The doubles pair, Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong now has their star shining brighter than ever. After all, they did win four titles in 90 days. Well, congratulations and my hat's off to them.

As exhilarating as it is, reading about their achievements, I can't help but feel a my self-worth chipping away little by little.

Some of you may know this, while some of you don't but the truth is, once upon a time, Koo Kien Keat (KKK) and I used to be schoolmates.



Both of us being the same age, he was just in the adjacent class. Ok, maybe it was five classes away, it's really not my fault that the school is huge with 10 classes for each year.

The fact that I too played badminton competitively when I was younger also struck a chord with me. Now, he's out there winning international recognition while I'm sitting here blogging about. Really puts things into perspective right.

The fact is, I don't think I will ever be somebody. And statistically speaking, most ppl don't become anybody in the course of their life. I just need to come to terms with the fact that I will rot my life away in obscurity, with no achievement - big or small tiny - under my very loose belt.

At this point however, I have learned one skill that would life so much easier - being happy for other people. Therefore, Kien Keat (even though you don't recognise me anymore when we bumped into each other in KLCC) congratulations because you deserve every single bit of your success.

yeah, i used to catch him alot in school when he was in form 2. always without nametag and school badge.

Post a Comment