« Home | Christmas 06 » | My First Post, Then » | Fuming » | CNY 07 » | Shuttle C » | I Hate Sunrise » | You Know You're Pathetic When » | Delayed Reaction » | Bull's Eye » | Management 101 »

Mona Lisa

These past few days I've been driving to BU back and forth. On Tuesday alone, I took two trips (there and back) to send my sister to work and picking her up after work.



Then today I went again with two coursemates, to interview a producer in 8TV for an assigment. I'll admit that initially, I wasn't crazy about it but I felt really good coming out of it. I guess it's always nice to talk to someone in the industry. Got me a little interested even but I've got my heart set already.



Also, speaking about this asgmt, another group presented their interview in class the other day. They interviewed the Chief Editor of BERNAMA. Apparently, he's the first cheif editor to be promoted from within. About time if you ask me.



Anyway what really stood out was his words of wisdom. I'm not kidding you but he actually said this.



"Good looking people will be given many opportunities. If you are not handsome or pretty, then you better be smart. If you are neither attractive nor intelligent, then you must be hardworking to make your own break."



I chuckled when I read that, and the whole class looked at me....



Sometimes, the truth does sound funny. This is one of the unspoken rules of society that most ppl know but some refuse to buy into. Though it is unfathomable to me why he would choose to share that among the plethora of feel good quotes. It does however sound like the words of the cynical.



Before you start to point out that I'm probably bias, I must assure you that I consider myself to be very average. Certainly I'm not disfigured, but then I'm hardly special. And when you think about it, nearly 90% of the population falls in that category.



The moral of the story, use your looks when you've got it. And use your looks when you can. Cause one day, we're all gonna be old and wrinkly, then it'll all be too late.



*Don't know why I'm rambling about this but I just don't feel like starting all over*







You falling into the 90% category? Think you'll be in the minority, its a compliment to say that you're good looking!! haha

Post a Comment