« Home | July 13, 2008 » | July 12, 2008 » | July 11, 2008 » | A meme, almost » | Splash » | Cincy, OH » | Flip » | Is this a sign » | First Wed » | In the mood »

July 17, 2008

Today has been a rather uneventful day.

A disappointment or two, but nothing damning.

In fact, it's going exactly the way I want it to, just me enjoying my own company at home.

But I get a thought. After days and days of going out, turns out, sitting at home isn't as satisfying as I thought.

Then, somehow, as it always happen with me, something else popped into my head.

It started innocently enough.

Am I being productive today?

I don't feel like I'm doing enough.

Am I good enough?

I'm not smart enough.

I need to be more intelligent.

I need to be more approachable.

Am I attractive?

I'm not stunningly good looking.

I don't dress very well either.

I'm too thin.

I'm not fat enough.

I'm too fat.

Am I lovable?

Am I nice enough to people?

I need to be a better person.

I have to improve myself.


Then I think.

Is it my penchant for setting high expectations for myself?

I honestly don't know.

I do know, the pursuit of perfection is a self-damning one.

Yet, I can't just drop it. That would be uncharacteristic of me.

So I guess I'll just have to pursue that elusive equilibrium.

Guess that's only an occasionally damning pursuit.

eh u go be a writer/publisher for the star lar. if not go write and then publish a book. you'll achieve something out of it. trust me.

now like in msia every person also famous so all u need to do is publicise ur blog. and i can defo help you muahaha!

lazy to login chee lim

my writings are not worthy of publishing. just spewing random crap from time to time.

anyway will update wif some pics soon, went shopping, lol.

gosh your blog so emo, really bringing me down reading it. :P

I think I've just captured a niche in the market.

Mine is the blog to read when one needs to remind him/herself that there is someone more pathetic out there :P

Post a Comment