« Home | Kenny Who? » | Can I borrow your pen? No! » | Blast from the Past » | Homebody » | Word of the Year » | Perhaps Love » | School Yard Politics » | !@#@$ - chi » | I Give Up » | Road Trip »

39 Degress

I should have known today would be a bad day. Afterall, it's not everyday that you receive calls at, freaking 5AM!

I don't even remember what I said to the girl the first time but I do remember the second call.

"Hello, Mr. Azmi please."
"No such person." At least that's what I think I mumbled anyway.
"You're the guy just now right." She asked.
"Yea."

Evidently, I'm not very chatty in the middle of the night. WHO THE HELL IS??!!

Anyway though I was half-asleep, I do remember she spoke very good English.

Then came another call. This time, it was a guy. Again, asking for the wretched Mr. Azmi.

"Wrong number." At this point, I was quite pissed oredi.

Though in my half-conscious state, I could hear the same girl speaking to they guy in the background. "See, I told you. The number is not right."

I didn't wait on the line anymore. Instead I hung up, turned off the phone and went back to bed.

The calls must have cursed me cuz I developed a fever in the evening. But that didn't stop me from dragging my ass to watch Narnia later at night. I guess, the fact that I already bought the tickets was a great motivation, lol.

BTW, when I did turn on my phone, there were 3 misscalls from the same number. Those idiots just don't give up. Though I do have a nagging feeling that they were some losers silly teenagers with sad pathetic lives playing pranks on the unsuspecting public. Thankfully I got enough beauty sleep. Still looking good.