« Home | August 22, 2008 » | August 18, 2008 » | Quote of the Day » | August 11, 2008 » | No Lesbian Love for Katy Perry » | Forever » | August 07, 2008 » | August 05, 2008 » | August 04, 2008 » | July 23, 2008 »

August 24, 2008

I forgot to discuss - with no one in particular - my good fortune the other day.

As I was leaving one interview for another, I realised I didn't have the change to pay for parking. This was after all in a hotel located adjacent to a mall which I will not divulge.

It was rather unfortunate being only a ringgit short. Those stupid self-pay machines obviously do not take RM50 notes. Thus begin my quest for change.

First, I asked this auntie who was paying next to me but she didn't have any. Then I tried going to my car to dig for counts but as luck would have it, I was completely out.

Noticing this girl reading in the car parked next to mine, I decided to chance it.

Fearing I would startle her if I tapped on her window, I resorted to waving like a fool on the other side until my jester like antics caught her attention.

"I'm sorry but I need change to pay for parking. Can you break a fifty?"

"Sorry, I don't have that much," she replied. As she was turning away, she froze for a split second, turned back around and asked.

"How much do you need?"

"I'm only short a dollar," I replied sheepishly.

A few moments later, with a smile and dollar in hand, I was rewarded.

I attempted to pay my debt the only way I could; thanking her profusely.