« Home | Maybe I should have done Economics » | Late Night Musings » | Untitled » | Saturday Night » | Zipped » | Ring Ring » | Looking Forward to Independence Day » | Dejavu » | I Can't Keep Up » | Sexy Cut »

The Day Before Tomorrow

It was a big day. New Year's Eve party. On my way to my friend's party.

It was of utmost important that every single strand of my hair was architecturally messed up.

Looked for the universal sign plastered through malls throughout the country, I sneaked into the washroom.

It was completely empty. Smiling to myself, I got to work. First I unzipped my backpack and hung it on the wall. My supplies neatly tucked into their respective compartments, waiting to fulfill their duties.

First, taking off my accessories (watch & ring) and place them into one of the pockets. Next I dug out my wax, took a little and my hands began working its magic. Not too messy, just adequately tousled. Slowing working towards that equilibrium of structure and texture.

A guy walks in and parks himself two counters down from me. He's equally engrossed with his coiffure. Suddenly, I feel him watching me. Before he speaks, I know what he wants. Glancing over, I grinned at him and extended my case of wax over the counter. Thanking me profusely, he took some and went back to working on his hair.

We both finish about the same time. As he exits, he gives me a flash of his pearly whites. I return the same and wait till he's out the door.

Time to finish up, I thought to myself. Reaching into the corner of my bag, I pull out my hairspray. "Set and Keep", it says on the label. Adapting the stance, left hand on my forehead protecting my eyes, my right index finger pushed down on the nozzle and vapour sprayed out generously all over my laboriously created work of art.

Taking a step back, I look at the boy staring back at me. I grin, and he grins back. We both look good. Satisfied, I pack up and leave.

Mission Accomplish.