« Home | Untitled » | Saturday Night » | Zipped » | Ring Ring » | Looking Forward to Independence Day » | Dejavu » | I Can't Keep Up » | Sexy Cut » | Long Long Day » | Creatures of the Dark »

Late Night Musings

I can't sleep. And hence I'm suddenly inspired to write a few words.

I don't really have any sort of idea on what I'd write about. But I guess I'll just start it off and the thoughts will follow.

Not true.

Nothing out of the ordinary comes to mind. Or maybe I've spent the last couple of months suppressing my thoughts that the well has dried up, the stream diverted elsewhere.

Well, since there doesn't to be much for me to do now, I shall give myself a couple of minutes to reflect on the last six months.

~

Came home from my vacation with renewed vigour, a direction which to take my life. Armed with new experiences and expectations, I marched on to blaze a new trail. A few months in, that spirit fizzled somewhat but I think I have managed to keep most of its essence with me.

Also, the internship came and went.

It was definitely an eye-opening experience. I've met a lot of interesting ppl to say the least. And finally saw the industry (and its people) for what it truly is. I'm sure the experience has impacted my attitude and perception of life somewhat.

One thing for sure, in the few short months, I've had a change of lifestyle. I went from a homebody to a boy about town. Drink in hand, I feel comfortable going around town seeking for the new dessert or tomorrow's chic dining spot.

And the friends, let's not forget the friends. The source of all good and evil.

~

I'm sleepy now and frankly, a little weary of reminiscing. Looking over my shoulder, I see the good, and also the carnage. Ahead, there is only hope.

I choose to go forward. To move on.

Dude, I don't think you were really a homebody to begin with. But yeah, you do seem more confident and outgoing. With the ins of the latest happenings in town and whatnots. I'd like to think that it's a positive development.

But besides that, I also feel that you've developed a more mature and deeper self, more critical of things.

Post a Comment