« Home | Dejavu » | I Can't Keep Up » | Sexy Cut » | Long Long Day » | Creatures of the Dark » | I'm Sorry - Monograms » | Fast for Freedom » | Loooooong Weekend » | Home (But Leaving Soon) » | 13 Hrs Sleep »

Looking Forward to Independence Day

It's true what they say. Better to have had it, then never before.

What they don't say is the insanity of coping with the aftermath. Sigh, our propensity to sugar coat everything.

Why is there so much pressure to be happy? To always be doing 'well' and having a great time.

And sometimes when it is the people who need to hear the truth most, we put on out best cheerful facade and then launch into a list of exciting and absolutely fun & adventurous things you've done in the past couple of day.

Maybe I'm just too proud to admit I'm miserable. Or maybe the misery is only temporary - a means to the end - but the liberation at the end is truly, well, liberating.

Loopy - A deceptively charming yet ditzy Bruce Wayne-like persona that has most people gawking at awe at your beauty and your trappings without appreciating the deep wisdom and strength within. Although mostly embroiled with the trendy frivolities of the day, you maintain a distinctly acute insight within yourself and others.

*breaks off Zen trance*... Yeah, good post. Short words that succinctly captures how I feel at times, and words I can totally relate to. While I'm no socialite that can provide you excitements of a wild happening night, you can always count on me for an ear over a cuppa, online and offline.

Post a Comment