« Home | Soft Launch » | Feedback » | De-evolution »

I can see **** people

What are the chances that one would witness multiple acts of crime (different perpetrator) within a span of a few months?
Apparently, quite high.

During the past few month since I've began this new (shall refrain from calling it what it is, sucky) phase of my life, I've witnessed a total of 3. Talk about a series of unfortunate events.

The first happened while exiting the train at MV station (which I go quite often due to the proximity of the mall to my very humble abode). As I was elbowing squeezing my way out, I noticed this dude (who was walking into the train) slipping a mobile phone (or cellphone/handphone, whichever rocks your boat) under his shirt, then hastily made a 180 and ran up the stairs. I stood there dumbfounded, and it took me 2 seconds to realise it. Looking back into the train, I spotted the guy who was right in front of the dude. The poor soul looked aloof, oblivious to his unfavourable luck.


It was downtown where the second event occured. Was walking to Low Yat Plaza when suddenly - "Ahhhhhhh", a yelp came from behind. Turning around, I saw a motorcycle speeding towards me and jumped out of the way just in time. Apparently, someone's handbag was snatched.

The most recent one happened just a few days ago. There I was, lazing on the couch watching tv, doing what I do best. I dunno what made me look, but through the front door, I saw this guy walking by. Then this thug came up from behind him and gave him a hard shove. Then he (the thug) ran and hopped onto the awaiting motorcycle of an accomplice. The poor guy gave screamed at him and gave chase but alas, the duo escaped. I later found out (when the neighbours came out to see what the commotion was about) that his phone was taken.

These few experiences have really disturbed me. Each crime is more violent than the last. These days I really think twice before a walk down a lonely road and when I actually do, I look left right up down and in every imaginable direction. Sigh, what have the world come to? I'd like to think that inherently people are kind and honest but the reality surrounding me has made another statement.

PS. Updated the post in response to eratter's question. Sorry for leaving out such an important detail, hehe. Guess my story telling skills aren't that great afterall.

ooo...new blog...neat...may i suggest a tagboard?? hehe...


hmm..how come u just watched everytime sth happened?

wah!! crime happened just ourside ur house ar? u know wat, u should have quickly open your door and chase the thug. You can do it!! and help the poor soul. anyway, what did the thug steal from that man? a handphone or just personal revenge? haha

liann, you should read the comments for the two previous post. I've addressed the tag board issue.

Although I hate to admit it, I guess my reaction is kinda a little slow. By the time reality sinks in, the fella would have ran off d.

Replies aside, welcome! Enjoy yourself yea... and come back often, tee hee.

oops...hehe...okie read... =P

erm erm...how bout removing the word verification section??? hehe...nuisance la

Post a Comment